KENNEDY SPACE CENTER NASA EXCHANGE - KARS PARK
About Kennedy Athletic, Recreation & Social (KARS) Parks I & II
Per NASA Policy Directive (NPD) 9050.6 (as revised), KARS Parks I & II were established as recreational facilities operated by the NASA Exchange Council of Kennedy Space Center for the efficiency, morale, and welfare of all NASA employees and retirees, their family members and guests, Government contract employees, and official visitors. The KARS Parks are operated and maintained by non-appropriated funds generated by the Exchange Stores, Child Development Center and KARS Park membership and facility usage fees. All reasonable efforts have been made to make facilities and services accessible to and usable by all visitors including those with disabilities.
KARS Park I
Located on the south portion of Kennedy Space Center on East Hall Road, off State Road 3 where a variety of recreational activities are sponsored for KSC/CCAFS employees. The park has two large picnic pavilions (Area I and Area II), one Tiki Hut area, one TV/Rec Room, and one Conference Room. Kars I also has recreational vehicle and tent campsites, racquetball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, marina, horseshoe pits, basketball courts, playgrounds, softball fields, retail store, and a clubhouse in Area III.
The Savannahs Golf Course is located just outside the front entrance and provides 18 holes of challenging golf with a plantation style clubhouse. The course is one of three top course operated and maintain by the Brevard County government as part of their recreational programs.
Area I and II picnic pavilions each have a seating capacity of approximately 120 - 150 people. Area II has additional covered seating of approximately 96 - 100 people located outside of the pavilion. Each area is equipped with lights, ceiling fans, electrical outlets, one (1) medium grill (charcoal and utensils not supplied). Both areas have a new children's playground nearby.
Recreation and Athletic Activities: KARS Park offers the following activities for your enjoyment. Recreational equipment may be checked out with a valid KARS membership card at the KARS Country Store (located at KARS I).
- KSC American Legion Post #332
- 104 RV sites with water & electricity
- Primitive camping area
- Marina with ramp & boat slips (10 slips with water/electricity and 10 along seawall without water/electricity)
- Observation Pier
- Three (3) Softball fields
- Two (2) Volleyball courts
- Cornhole Sets
- Racquetball courts
- Nature & Jogging trails
- KSC Ceramics Arts and Crafts Activities
- Laundry Room (registered campers only)
- Two (2) dump stations
- River Fishing
- Three (3) playgrounds
- Flag Football field
- Two (2) Tennis courts
- Two (2) Basketball courts
- Four (4) Horseshoe Pits
- 9 hole Miniature Golf course
Gates are open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily. The Park Office is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM To reach The Country Store call (321) 867-7967 for assistance. All functions (e.g., picnics, softball games, club meetings) must be completed no later than 10:00 PM.
KARS Park I is monitored by a Park Attendant from 6 AM – 10 PM, 7 days a week. It is also monitored by video cameras 24/7. Any person entering the park must possess and present a current valid KARS Park Membership Card and photo ID.
KARS Country Store: The KARS Country Store is the only entity authorized to sell products on KARS Park property. The store is open seasonal hours and closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Please contact the store for current hours of operation. The store offers food items, ice, bait, beverages, a variety of snacks, and camping essentials for purchase.
KARS Park II
Located on the Kennedy Space Center off of the Kennedy Parkway (SR3). The park has a picnic pavilion, volleyball court, tennis courts, and racquetball courts. This park is only accessible by badged employees of KSC / CCAFS.
The picnic pavilion has a seating capacity of approximately 100 people and is equipped with lights, fans, electrical outlet, and one (1) large grill.
The KARS Park Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the parks and can be reached at (321) 867-3891. Park hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Park employees are available 7 days a week for assistance.
Membership is a privilege, not a right. Members who fail to adhere to KARS Park rules will have their membership revoked, members are responsible for their dependent and their guest at all times.
- Active, badged NASA / KSC / CCAFS / PAFB Civil Service, Military and Contractor employees, their family members and guests, and official visitors of KSC
- Other NASA employees who are KSC tenants
- NASA / KSC / CCAFS / PAFB Civil Service and Contractor retirees (must provide evidence of NASA / KSC / CCAFS / PAFB employment at the time of retirement)
- Current Grandfathered club, sports league, and affiliated organization members who possess a current calendar year KARS membership card will be permitted to renew their KARS membership
- Active or retired military personnel must have DOD identification. A Veterans Administration health medial card does not qualify
Recreation and Athletic Activities
All planned club and affiliated organization events prior to scheduling events. Participation in such events shall be limited to KARS members and their guests. Such events shall not be open to the general public.
All planned club and affiliated organization events prior to scheduling events. Participation in such events is limited to KARS members and their guests. Such events are not open to the general public.
Clubs / Leagues:
- KARS Softball League
- KSC American Legion Post #332
- KSC Ceramics Arts and Crafts Club
- KARS Flag Football League
- KARS Fishing Club
- KARS Tennis League
- KARS Flyers
Current Clubs and contacts are listed here. Clubs and affiliated organizations must submit the following in writing to the KARS Park Manager for approval:
- All planned club and affiliated organization events prior to scheduling events. Participation in such events shall be limited to KARS members and their guests. Such events shall not be open to the general public.
- All advertisements (e.g., magazine, flyers)
- Web sites
Individuals interested in establishing a KARS sponsored club/league must provide a written proposal including bylaws to the Exchange Operations Manager for Exchange Council review and approval.
Note that political, charitable, and fundraiser events are not permitted at any KARS Park facility.